Here’s my reasons for mostly prone paddling downwind rather than SUP’ing downwind:
- It’s a new challenge. Your body and mind love new challenges.
- A 5 mile run from Maliko to my backyard in Sprecks takes about 1 hour and it’s a killer workout.
- It feels like great conditioning for conventional shortboard surfing, and I LOVE shortboarding!
- Knee paddling a prone board inspired me to work on my flexibility and it’s an incredible core workout, besides being a great core balance challenge.
- The bumps look really big when you’re not standing up.
- You can easily paddle upwind.