Let's discuss some tips for Airlines.
Travel tips for Hawaiian Inter Island flights:
- Fares online are cheaper than at the airport desk.
- The airport desk also charges a $35 "convenience" fee for booking at the airport.
- You need to book online at least 1.5 to 2 hours (?) ahead of departure.
- The Hawaiian Airlines iOS App is pretty decent.
- Fare prices may go down as you get closer to your travel date, or they may go up.
- Baggage fees: Surfboard: $35, Suitcase: $15.
In a recent case, I could have booked a $57 inter island one way ticket, Oahu to Maui, and the airport desk wanted $85 + $35 for the ticket ($120). So more than 2X different! But, I wanted to buy a ticket for a flight in 70 minutes, and I couldn't do that online. So I had to book a ticket for departure in about 100 minutes.