Home | Doug Silva | Surfing | Kitesurfing | SUP | Windsurfing | Pros | About | FAQ

Maui Paddleboard Championships before Molokai to Oahu for 2014?

Does anybody know what’s going on with the Maui Paddleboard race that typically happens the week before Molokai? There’s no information on the Maui Paddleboard website.

I just found this on the Maui Paddleboard Facebook Page

Okay people, There are rumors going around that Rodney Kilborn owns this race. That is not true, this race, Maui Paddle Championships is owned by Maliko Water Sports 501c3 ,John Gangini VP. We do not advocate paying any money to Rodney or anyone else. If you do, you have been warned! Sorry for drama, but it’s not over yet, to many people love this race and I am working hard to put it in the right hands for my sponsors benefit and then yours.

@handsomebugga, @jerry, know anything?

Here’s some photo’s of last year’s race. FUN!

More images in the Sugar Ranch Facebook Photo Album.

Pre Race

Finishing

Post Race

Cool shots @justin. I hope some company or person will keep that great event going. That race is also a
great 10 mile prep race for Molokai to Oahu race, which is the following weekend.

Aloha Paddlers! Stop the rumors!

2014 Maui Paddleboard championships downwind race Maliko to Kahului

http://MAUIPADDLERACE.COM

We going have good fun with this race. Adventure Sport Maui is stepping up again to the Hawaiian Mixed Plate for our SUP Community. You guys at Adventure Sports Maui ROCK!

Malama Ke Kai! Two Awesome event here on Our Handsome Island Maui!

Handsome Bugga & Hapa Hawaiian Crew!

(We’ll be posting more about these events here at talksurf.com)

Sunday, July 20, 2014, Maliko Gulch to Kahului Harbor 9.5 Miles.

Saturday, July 12, 2014, M2Molokai, Honolua Bay to Kaunakakai Harbor Molokai 27 miles,